- Coordinate activities of third party development partners including acceptance testing and deployment
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Build websites, prototypes and applications using the latest frontend technologies
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Providing timely resolution to reported problems with existing websites.
- Working closely with both the design and project resources to achieve the best possible results in web projects from conception right through to delivery.
- Ensuring all work adheres to current industry best practice.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis.
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of building WordPress CMS websites using the best practice and standard plugins
- Experience working with WordPress at a PHP code level:
- Knowledge of existing inbuilt WordPress functions.
- Creation of custom post types.
- Creation of plugins/widgets written to conform withWordPress coding standards.
- Creation of logical, well documented and reusable code.
- Knowledge of WordPress Network (Multisite) beneficial.
- Good understanding of cross platform and cross browser issues.
- Experience with creating responsive websites.
- Previous experience working for a design agency advantageous